Child Abuse – Mandated Reporter
All employees of a public or private organization are mandated to report Child Abuse incidents immediately.
Notify the Child Protective Services immediately about incident.
The CPS worker should interview student in private.
Based on interview outcome, parents should be informed.
Work closely with CPS agency and parents to determine proper student school placement.
PC 11165.7 Who is a Mandated Reporter?
1. A teacher
2. An instructional Aide
3. A teacher’s aide or teacher’s assistant employed by any public or private school.
4. A classified employee of any public school.
5. An administrative officer or supervisor of child welfare and attendance or a certificated pupil personnel employee of any public or private school.
6. An administrator or employee of a public or private organization whose duties require direct contact and supervision of children.
7. Any employee of a county office of education or the California Department of Education whose duties bring the employee into contact with children on a regular basis.
8. A social worker, parole officer, probation officer.
9. An employee of a school district police or security department
10. Any person who is an administrator or presenter of, or a counselor in, a child abuse prevention program in any public or private school.
Review District wide Policy
P. O. Box 8023
Visalia, CA 93277
+1 559 9014615
You can also fill out our online form.
Help us provide you with relevant content and resources. Use the Contact Form.